CBSE has introduced CCE for class VI th – X th in 2009-2010 session. The school has adopted it for classes III nd – X th. This has mainly been done to remove the stress of studies on the children. The assessment of a student will not only be for academics but for other abilities and qualities also. Moreover, it will not be on the basis of a test or an examination but also through other activities, throughout the year. The pattern of assessment under this system is as follows:
- Four (4) Formative Assessments of 10% each which will include weekly tests, projects, assignments, practical’s, oral tests, MCQ etc. 3-4 of these per subject.
Two (2) Summative Assessments which include the two terminal examinations in the month of September & March respectively. Besides these scholastic areas (Academic Performance) Students will also be assessed in scholastic areas which include the life skills, Attitudes and Values and also the co-scholastic activities like Health and Physical Education. Only grades will be awarded for all areas at the end of the year according to the Board CCE Pattern.
Promotion of your ward to the next class depends on his/her total performance during the entire session and equal weightage is given to each test/activity and overall performance.
For promotion, a child up to class X should obtain D Grade in each subject in each term and in the aggregate. Promotion will not be granted if a student does not secure specified grades in all the subjects.
- 90% attendance is compulsory for promotion.
- For the students appearing in the Board Exams, there will be a compulsory Pre-Board Exam in the month of January.
- Pupils absent from an examination for any reason will not be re-examined.
- Absence from one or two subjects involves loss of marks for those subjects and excludes the pupil from securing a grade.
- Willful breach of any of the regulations pertaining to the conduct of examinations is punishable with expulsion from the examination.
- Results declared at the end of the school year are final and are not reconsidered nor will the answer papers be shown.